Why complaining is a bad habit?

We complain to much everyday. We complain about our job, our boss, our co-workers. We complain even about our home situation, about our family,our neighbours and friends. Why is that so? Are our lives really  that bad?

"I'm so tired today, I have a ton of things to do at home plus I have to take my dog for a walk when I get home from work." "I went out for a coffee with my friend, we always spend too much time together and at the end of the day I'm really exhausted." "My mother calls me once a day just to check up on me and it's really annoying." "Every time I visit my parents they wear me down with their non-stop asking questions."

Photo by Meredith Hunter on Unsplash

Every time you complain about something, you use a percent of your energy to put the focus on the negative thoughts. That way you don't only empower the negative thoughts but waste your energy as well. You can get tired just from complaining all day without doing any work.
You are a reflection of your words and actions. When you complain about something, you put yourself in the worse mood than you were before complaining. All the negative thoughts block your perception disabling you to see the good things that happened throughout the day.

Complaining can become a really nasty habit. You find yourself talking to people about something, but when you run out of words on that subject, you start complaining just about anything to keep the conversation going.

Photo by Ben White on Unsplash 

Getting rid of a bad habit isn't easy at all, but I believe you can do it. Ask yourself "Do I really want to waste my energy on something that will make me feel bad?". Instead of wasting you should invest your energy into something that will make you feel better. You need to replace the complaining habit with a good one. Instead of complaining say something positive or something that you are grateful for. After a while, you'll notice that not only your mood improved, but you have more energy also. Be grateful for everything that you have in your life.

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

You can do it, I believe in you.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." - Carol Burnett

I started writing this blog to share all the things that helped me ease my mental pain over the years and I hope it will help you too. We need a healthier society and I hope we'll succeed. 
Feel free to subscribe and receive new updates from my blog. Also, don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any problems that I might help you with or if you just need a kind word, I'll do my best. You can also reach me on Twitter.
I wish you all the best.


Primjedbe